• Explain the concept of a knowledge worker.
• Define and explain nursing informatics and highlight the role of a nurse leader as a knowledge worker.
• Develop a simple infographic to help explain these concepts.
• Your PowerPoint should Include the hypothetical scenario you originally shared in the Discussion Forum. Include your examination of the data that you could use, how the data might be accessed/collected, and what knowledge might be derived from that data.
Rule of 6- no more than 6 bullet points-with no more than 6 words in each bullet. Adhere to APA guidelines.
McGonigle, D., & Mastrian, K. G. (2017). Nursing informatics and the foundation of knowledge (4th ed.). Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett Learning.
• Chapter 1, “Nursing Science and the Foundation of Knowledge” (pp. 7–19)
• Chapter 2, “Introduction to Information, Information Science, and Information Systems” (pp. 21–33)
• Chapter 3, “Computer Science and the Foundation of Knowledge Model” (pp. 35–62)
Nagle, L., Sermeus, W., & Junger, A. (2017). Evolving role of the nursing informatics specialist. In J. Murphy, W. Goossen, & P. Weber (Eds.), Forecasting Competencies for Nurses in the Future of Connected Health (212–221). Clifton, VA: IMIA and IOS Press. Retrieved from https://serval.unil.ch/resource/serval:BIB_4A0FEA56B8CB.P001/REF
Sweeney, J. (2017). Healthcare informatics. Online Journal of Nursing Informatics, 21(1).