1. ADULT VALUES
LOW NORMAL RANGE HIGH
2. DEFINE THE FOLLOWING TERMS:
b. Bradycardia- The pulse rate continuously slow 100 BPM
3. How do you calculate temperature from Centigrade (C) to Fahrenheit (F) & from F to C?
4. To begin to use the Centigrade scale, write the equivalents in Fahrenheit of the following:
5. The patient presents with an irregular rhythm and a 1+ pulse force at the radial site. What should the nurse do to calculate the pulse rate?
6. Describe the pulse scale of 0 – 3+:
7. Where on the below picture should the nurse place the stethoscope to auscultate an apical pulse?
(state the anatomical position of the apical pulse)
8. A 24-year-old athlete presents with a pulse rate of 48 BPM. What does the nurse think?
9. The nurse is measuring the body temperature of a client at 4PM in the clinic. The nurse considers the normal diurnal cycle of temperature and expects the patient’s temperature to be elevated. What would she expect at 8 AM?
10. State the preferred method of measuring temperature in the following age groups:
Patient receiving oxygen by nasal cannula
Critically ill infant
11. The nurse needs to measure the core temperature of a patient. Which of the following methods would provide the least accurate and least reliable result?
12. The nurse considers taking oral temperatures. Which of the following patients would not be suitable candidates for oral temperature measurements? If the patient is not a suitable candidate, which method would you choose and why?
Patient that presents with dyspnea-
13. What should the nurse do if the patient just drank a hot or iced liquid or smoked prior to an oral temperature?
14. The level of Blood pressure is determined by what five (5) factors?