Respond to the discussion questions below. Each question should be answered in a single, well-written paragraph and included in a single post that answers all questions. Also, reply to two of your classmates’ posts.
1. What is your opinion of relative grading?
2. Hopefully, you found the method provided in the PowerPoint slides for combining various test scores to determine an overall grade somewhat simple. Why is it important to understand how to do this?
3. Why are standardized test raw scores not useful?
4. Why do you think there are so many different types of derived scores?
5. Your last and hardest post: The normal distribution (Bell Curve) is extremely important. It is used to explain natural phenomena of all sorts, for example, human growth, radio frequency noise, lightening strike intensity, etc. Explain how it is used in student assessment on standardized tests.